NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Individuals who participate in the Contest, answer Questions, or submit an entry are sometimes referred to herein as an “Entrant.”
- Sponsor: Viber Media S.à r.l., a company incorporated in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, having offices at 2 rue du Fossé, L-1536 Luxembourg.
Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (for purposes of clarity, residents of Puerto Rico and all territories and possessions of the United States are expressly excluded) (eligible areas, collectively, the “Contest Area”), who, as of the date of entry into the Contest (a) are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry into the Contest and (b) have a Viber account.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND ALL TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OF THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Employees, agents, officers, directors, members, managers and owners of Sponsor, Golden State Warriors, LLC, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, owners, members, directors, managers, officers, employees and their advertising agencies, promotional partners and prize providers associated with this Contest (each, a “Contest Entity” and collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and their immediate families (spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, grandparents, grand children, siblings, children and “step” of each) and those individuals living in their same household are not eligible to enter or win.
- Contest Period: Contest begins at 09:00:01 (Pacific Time Zone) on February 27, 2018 and ends at 23:59:59 (Pacific Time Zone) on June 18, 2018 (the “Contest Period”), unless Sponsor decides to shorten and/or extend the Contest Period, in its sole discretion.
- How to Enter and Compete: To enter the Contest, Entrants must have a Viber account and (a) subscribe to the Golden State Warriors Bot on Viber (the “GSW Bot”), which is available for free in the Viber discover screen; or (b) download the Golden State Warriors sticker pack, which is available for free in the Viber Sticker Market (and through which Entrants will be redirected to the GSW Bot), and in each case, answer the trivia questions in accordance with the rules described herein. Each Entrant may only compete once during each Weekly Challenge.
The terms and conditions set forth in the PA, PC and Bot Terms and Guidelines available at https://www.viber.com/terms/chat-public-accounts-terms-guidelines/, as amended from time to time, shall apply to the GSW Bot and any engagement therewith. Without limitation to the foregoing, by entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees not to, and agrees not to allow others to: (a) engage in excessive usage of the GSW Bot, as determined by Sponsor; (b) disrupt the availability of the Contest site or network for other users; and/or (c) interfere with or disrupt the Contest and/or the Viber network, or otherwise interfere with Viber’s systems and services in any manner.
Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different Viber accounts, e-mail address, identities or any other methods will void all of such Entrant’s entries. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all Entrants. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by Entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements are void.
Each week during the Contest Period, Entrants will be asked ten (10) trivia questions through the GSW Bot (each, a “Question” and collectively, a “Weekly Challenge”). Each Question will have approximately four (4) optional answers shown, only one of which will be correct. To be a Potential Winner (as defined below), an Entrant must complete a Weekly Challenge in a minimum time and in no instance in more than two (2) hours from the publication of such Weekly Challenge to the GSW Bot. The Contest will include eight (8) weekly challenges. For each Weekly Challenge, an Entrant who selects a wrong answer to a Question, will not be eligible to win. Sponsor reserves the right to stop accepting entries, at any time, for each Weekly Challenge and/or the entire Contest, in its sole discretion. In the event that two Entrants completed a Weekly Challenge in the same period of time then the Entrant that completed the Weekly Challenge first will be the Potential Winner.
- Winner Selection and Notification: For each Weekly Challenge one (1) Entrant (or more, if specified below for a particular Weekly Challenge) who answered correctly all Questions in the shortest amount of time will be chosen by Sponsor or its designee as a potential Prize (as defined below) winner (“Potential Winner”). Potential Winners will be contacted via the GSW Bot by a direct message within seven (7) days from the publication on Viber of each Weekly Challenge (the “Prize Notification”). Each Entrant is eligible to win only one (1) Prize, regardless of the number of entries or Weekly Challenges in which he or she participates. Sponsor may add more Questions, Weekly Challenges, and/or Prize opportunities for Entrants as part of the Contest, in its sole discretion.
The Potential Winner must reply by a direct message to the GSW Bot, within forty-eight hours (48) hours of the date of the Prize Notification (the “Deadline”), the Potential Winner’s full name, email address for further communication and a mailing address. The mailing address must be a street address (no P.O. Boxes) within the Contest Area. If the Potential Winner does not respond to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received for the original drawing (“Alternate Potential Winner”). Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each Potential Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to send an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (collectively, the “Contest Documents”) to the Potential Winner via registered mail. In this event, the Potential Winner must sign and return the Contest Documents postmarked within five (5) days of the date of receipt of the Contest Documents, or prizes will be forfeited and an Alternate Potential Winner selected. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure, for any reason whatsoever, of Potential Winner to timely respond to a Prize Notification or return the Contest Documents. The return of any Prize Notification or Contest Documents as undeliverable, the inability of Sponsor to contact Potential Winner or the failure of Potential Winner to contact Sponsor in a timely manner will result in disqualification, and an Alternate Potential Winner may be selected, and Sponsor may repeat the winner selection and notification procedures set for in this section until a qualified Prize Winner (each a “Prize Winner”) has been selected for each Weekly Challenge.
Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all Entrants. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Viber account is registered on the date the entry is submitted, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria, otherwise the entry may be disqualified and any potential Prize won will be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Potential Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the registered account holder of the Viber account associated with the potentially winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
The Prizes, will include, the following (the “Prize(s)”):
|The Weekly Challenge||The Prize(s)|
|Weekly Challenge #1||Two Prize Winners each will receive two (2) tickets to the Golden State Warriors versus Los Angeles Lakers game scheduled to take place on March 14, 2018 at Oracle Arena in Oakland, California.
This Prize also will include for each Prize Winner:
§ Two (2) economy/tourist class flight tickets from an airport located near Prize Winner’s primary residence to an airport located near Oakland, California.
§ Three (3) night accommodations in a hotel selected by Sponsor.
§ Transportation (as determined by Sponsor) from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to Oracle Arena.
|Weekly Challenge #2||A Golden State Warriors merchandise pack, which includes an official Golden State Warriors hat, jersey, and keychain|
|Weekly Challenge #3||An official Golden State Warriors jersey signed by a Golden State Warriors player (as determined by Sponsor)|
|Weekly Challenge #4||An official Golden State Warriors hat|
|Weekly Challenge #5||An official Golden State Warriors “town” jersey|
|Weekly Challenge #6||A Golden State Warriors merchandise pack, which includes an official Golden State Warriors hat, jersey, and keychain|
|Weekly Challenge #7||An official Golden State Warriors jersey signed by a Golden State Warriors player (as determined by Sponsor)|
|Weekly Challenge #8||Two (2) tickets to an 2017-2018 NBA playoffs game (as determined by Sponsor)|
Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Prizes range from twenty five ($25) United States Dollars to One Thousand Five Hundred ($1,500) United States Dollars but may vary depending upon the city of departure/arrival, date and times of travel, airfare fluctuations and hotel charges at the time of travel bookings.
Sponsor is not responsible if any of the respective events associated with each respective Prize are delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason. The following requirements apply to travel associated with a Prize, if applicable. Prize Winner must travel on dates specified by Sponsor for each respective Prize or Prize will be forfeited. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and travel costs not expressly stated in the Prize packages description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, tips, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, baggage fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, car rental charges (including insurance and optional services, if any), state, federal, provincial or local taxes of any kind, or other expenses are solely the responsibility of Prize Winner and Prize Winner’s travel companion. Any portion of the Prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the Prize Winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. Prize Winner and Prize Winner’s travel companion must be able to travel during the specific time determined by Sponsor or Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel must originate and end at the same major, as applicable, except as otherwise provided by these Official Rules. If, in the sole judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to Prize Winner’s proximity to Prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Terms and conditions of all tickets apply. Specific seat locations will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize Winner and Prize Winner’s travel companion must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for all necessary travel documents and for any travel insurance. Prize Winner’s travel companion must execute a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited by law) in order to accompany Prize Winner on trip. In the event that Prize Winner’s travel companion is under eighteen (18) years of age, such liability/publicity release must be executed by the parent or legal guardian of such minor on his or her behalf. Other travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply.
No portion of a Prize may be transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted, except by Sponsor (in its sole discretion), which reserves the right to substitute any portion of any Prize with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, Prize unavailability. All expenses not specifically identified as included in a Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Prize, and all elements thereof, are subject to availability. The Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of a Prize is at Prize Winner’s sole risk and the Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any Prize. Without limitation to the foregoing, any delays or other issues causing Prize Winner to miss any part of the Prize (regardless of whether Prize Winner is at fault) or the cancellation of all or a portion of the Prize for any reason, will not result in a substitute Prize being awarded.
Prize Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with his/her Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description. The Prize Winner may be issued a United States 1099 tax form for the approximate retail value of the Prize. Failure to take or complete any portion of the Prize does not relieve the Prize Winner of his/her tax obligations associated with winning the Prize.
- Prize Conditions: Except where prohibited by law, the Prize Winner’s entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes the Prize Winner’s and, if applicable, the travel companion of Prize Winner’s irrevocable, sub-licensable, absolute right and permission for the Contest Entities, to use, publish, post or display said Prize Winner’s and, if applicable, travel companion of Prize Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, city and state address, Prize information, any quotes attributable to him or her and any other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Contest Entities’ sole discretion) for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising, trade, promotional and publicity purposes, on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further authorization, notification, opportunity to review, approval or compensation of any kind, and each Prize Winner, and, if applicable, travel companion of Prize Winner, releases all Contest Entities from any and all liability related thereto. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates the Contest Entities to make use of any of the rights granted herein and Prize Winner and if applicable, the travel companion of Prize Winner, waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
The names of the Prize Winners of all the Weekly Challenges, as well as footage and other images of the Prize Winners and Prizes may be published by Viber and/or any Contest Entity (at their sole discretion) and may be made available to over nine hundred million (900,000,000) Viber users within the Viber network, as well as to the general public through the media and other social networks, including, without limitation, on Facebook, and, including, without limitation, for commercial purposes. Without limitation to the preceding paragraph, by entering and/or participating in the Contest and/or claiming a Prize each Entrant hereby irrevocably agree in advance to the publication described in the preceding sentence to the fullest extent permitted under law.
- General Conditions:
This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. All Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Contest without prior notification, and the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules for any reason at any time. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
By submitting an entry or otherwise participating in the Contest, you hereby agree to receive marketing or promotional materials from Sponsor, the Rakuten Group, and the Contest Entities.
- Release: PRIZE WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, SPONSOR, THE CONTEST ENTITIES, gSW Sports LLC, Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc., AEG Management Oakland, LLC, the City of Oakland, the County of Alameda, the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority and all of THEIR RESPECTIVE MANAGERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS and each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY, damages, or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ANY PORTION THEREOF OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST.
By entering this Contest, the Entrant agrees to the following Statement: I expressly understand that Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California provides substantially as follows:
“A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM, MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH DEBTOR.”
The provisions of this Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California and any similar law of any state, territory, or other jurisdiction are hereby expressly waived.
- Limitations of Liability: The Contest Entities are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, destroyed, and/or lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions and/or entries not received resulting from any hardware, software, or technical failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer, internet or telephone transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on computer networks, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the promotion or downloading any material for the Contest, or other telecommunications malfunctions which may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, then Sponsor reserves its right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- Further Liability Limitations:
To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event will the Contest Entities be responsible or otherwise liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages related to the Contest, including any access to or use of Viber or any downloading from or printing material from Viber. Everything on Viber is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Prize Winners agree that all Prizes are provided “as is” without any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, whether now known or hereinafter enacted, relative to the use or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, or re-routing resulting from any acts of any government or authority.
Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court located in San Francisco, California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards on behalf of Entrant shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, if any, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees, and in no event to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250); and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (iv) this Contest and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to its conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
- Odds of Winning:
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Weekly Challenge.
- Winner’s List/Rules:
For a copy of the Official Rules visit https://www.viber.com/terms/viber-contest-to-answer-golden-state-warriors-trivia or send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Viber Contest to Answer Golden State Warriors Trivia, c/o Viber Media S.à r.l. 2 rue du Fossé, L-1536 Luxembourg, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
To find out who won, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Viber Contest to Answer Golden State Warriors Trivia, c/o Viber Media S.à r.l. 2 rue du Fossé, L-1536 Luxembourg, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Requests must be received no later than three (3) months following the end of the Contest Period. Only one (1) request for either Official Rules or Contest Winners will be fulfilled for each separately mailed outer envelope
© 2018, Viber Media S.à r.l. All Rights Reserved. © and ™ 2018, Golden State Warriors, LLC. All rights reserved.