Viber is a calling and messaging app that connects people–no matter who they are, or where they’re from. With a free and secure connection, hundreds of millions of people worldwide communicate with their loved ones through high-quality audio and video calls, messaging, and much more.
As a Data Scientist, you will be part of the Data Science team, handling projects all across the app and dealing with software engineering challenges associated with data science and machine learning in production. Your primary focus will be on applying machine learning techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated into our products. We expect you to bring industry standards for data science and software engineering practices both in terms of hands-on, design, code, and process and improve the quality of our Recommendation Systems.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing Data Science team and work closely with Senior Data Scientists and Data Engineers. You will develop and deploy scalable, high throughput production services, machine learning models, tackle challenges in the worlds of large scale and huge amounts of data involving also Computer Vision, Image processing, NLP, Ads, Social Networks, Time series, and more.
*We’re implementing a hybrid work-model:)
- Implement solutions for large-scale Systems in Big Data environments from top to bottom, through research, design, coding POC, developing and deploying machine learning processes
- Design and apply cutting edge technology stacks in a high throughput environment
- Design and implement advanced algorithms in machine and deep learning frameworks
- 3+ years experience as a Data Scientist/Data Analyst in the industry
- M.Sc. in Statistics/Mathematics
- Experience with Python
- A hands-on and superb understanding of ML/DS/Statistics techniques and algorithms
- Experience with large scale ML/DS Systems
- Experience working in cloud environments, preferably AWS
- Good analytical & problem-solving Skills
- Can work independently and have great communication skills
- 2+ years experience with statistical models in production
- M.Sc in machine learning and/or data science systems
- Ph.D. in computer science or equivalent e.g, EE, statistics, math, or physics