Senior Software Engineer – DS Team
Viber is a calling and messaging app that connects people–no matter who they are, or where they’re from. With a free and secure connection, hundreds of millions of users worldwide communicate with their loved ones through high-quality audio and video calls, messaging, and much more.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be part of the Data Science team, taking care of the software engineering challenges associated with data science and machine learning. You will be serving and deploying models, putting research into production, and helping build real-time monitoring solutions for machine learning models at a high scale.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and work closely with Senior Data Scientists to design data pipelines, build scalable platforms, tackle challenges in the worlds of recommendations, spam prevention, NLP, computer vision, and more. We expect you to bring industry standards for software engineering practices both in terms of code and process and improve the quality of your team’s outcome.
*We’re implementing a hybrid work-model:)
- Study and transform data science prototypes, end-to-end production of cutting edge technologies in a high throughput environment
- Implement solutions in a big data environment (half a million records/second) from top to bottom, by gathering requirements, specifying data schemes, and developing machine learning processes
- Design and implement advanced algorithms in machine- and deep learning frameworks
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Developer with Python
- Experience with big data / large scale software engineering
- Experience working in a cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Can work independently and lead projects
- BSc. in computer science or equivalent
- A hands-on machine learning experience