Senior Data Engineer – DS Team
Viber is a calling and messaging app that connects people–no matter who they are, or where they’re from. With a free and secure connection, hundreds of millions of users worldwide communicate with their loved ones through high-quality audio and video calls, messaging, and much more.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be part of the Data Science Team, taking care of the software engineering challenges associated with data science and machine learning. You will be serving and deploying models, putting research into production, and helping build real-time monitoring solutions for machine learning models. In addition, you will be designing data pipelines and building scalable platforms. We expect you to bring industry standards for software engineering practices both in terms of code and process and improve the quality of your team’s outcome.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and work closely with Senior Data Scientists to develop and deploy scalable, high throughput production services, machine learning models, tackle challenges in the worlds of recommendations, spam prevention, NLP, computer vision and more.
- Implement solutions in a big data environment from top to bottom, by gathering requirements, specifying data schemes and developing machine learning processes
- Design and apply cutting edge technology stacks in a high throughput environment
- Design and implement advanced algorithms in the machine and deep learning frameworks
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- 5+ years of experience in software development (data/software engineering)
- Experience with big data/large scale software engineering – Spark/PySpark
- Experience working in a cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills
- You should bring in some architecture skills
- Love what you do and love to produce by being organized and methodical
- Can work independently and lead projects
- BSc. in computer science or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- You have a backend development background (any language welcome here!)
- A hands-on machine learning experience is a bonus