QA Engineer (Server Team)
Viber is one of the most popular apps in the world, and the most downloaded app to have come out of the start-up nation. Working with Viber is a unique opportunity to influence the hundreds of millions of people using our messaging app.
The QA Team at Viber tests innovative features and products at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. We work with development engineers to understand technical implementations and with the Product Team to define the desired user experience.
As a QA Engineer at Viber you will be responsible for understanding the domain and the product in detail, coming up with the test strategy, planning, and testing cases, all while focusing on delivering the best possible user experience.
We are now working on a hybrid work – model! 🙂
- Review product and technical documentation to ensure the requirements that meet the goal are unambiguous and verifiable
- Plan and execute test plans, test cases and produce test reports
- Push and strive for resolving issues without compromising quality
- Maintain effective communication between all project members at all testing stages and ensure all information regarding product quality has surfaced
- Verifying tasks by using server logs
- Working with different server tools for testing the server-side
- 2+ years of experience in the QA field – Must
- Experience in test planning and design (STP, STD, and STR) – Must
- Ability to understand server architecture and complex bugs – Must
- Experience in working in intense multitasking environments – Must
- Experience in smartphone applications testing (iOS, Android)
- Good understanding of Client-Server communication
- Deep understanding of QA processes and test methodologies
- Good level of English – both spoken and written