PR Manager – Global
Viber is one of the most popular apps in the world, and the most downloaded app to have come out of the start-up nation. Working at Viber is a unique opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of people using our messaging app.
The PR Manager is a vital member of the larger Growth Team! This individual is responsible for global PR transcending the voice of the company internally and externally across CIS, CEE, Western EU, US, and APAC. The PR Manger will work on growing and strengthening the business through setting Viber’s PR strategy and execution, through owned and earned channels.
Must have international PR experience
- Direct global PR strategy and unique tone of voice for Viber
- Oversee all PR activities, leading and guiding regional PR teams to create larger impact on relevant pieces for the global audience.
- Manage and motivate a matrix organization of a team of in-house PR professionals. Set clear expectations and goals for team members, while mentoring and developing them
- Oversee consumer and business media relations programs of evergreen, seasonal, and timely announced media campaigns
- Oversee integrated social media campaigns and customer engagement through social media
- Create long term plans in collaboration with marketing teams and agencies to cover all aspects of media mix
- Plan and implement initiatives that will ensure high and accurate media exposure (e.g. press conferences, interviews, events, etc.)
- Promotion of Executive staff via media tours, events and territory visits
- Provide analysis and reporting of PR coverage to larger team
- 5+ years PR experience. 3+ years of global PR experience
- Must be able to speak and write fluently in English and Russian
- Experience working on digital consumer brand PR; with proven success in contributing to overall department and company goals – in house or agency
- Strong understanding of messaging space, Viber brand, company goals, and business strategy
- People Manager experience. Good track record of managing a high performing team
- Creative and analytical thinking
- Strong relationship with key media
- Passion for mobile tech and digital entertainment is a must
- Self- starter: highly motivated individual able to keep up in this fast-paced environment
- Team player willing to pitch in and roll up sleeves to get job done