Fraud Data Analyst
Viber is a calling and messaging app that connects people–no matter who they are, or where they’re from. With a free and secure connection, hundreds of millions of users worldwide communicate with their loved ones through high-quality audio and video calls, messaging, and much more.
Viber is looking for a data analyst to join our team to work with business, product, and technology teams to identify products and strategies, design detailed execution plans and work with teams across the company. We prevent fraud by using advanced detection tools that scan billions of data points to identify signs of activities that violate our policies. As an analyst, you will analyze data to generate insights about fraud patterns and provide decision policies to prevent them.
- Analysis of all existing sources and find fraud activity patterns, define a solution in the most efficient way.
- Understand and analyze top fraud concerns and drive making recommendations to eliminate fraud in Viber.
- Analyze large data sets to identify fraud trends and patterns, anomalies in user behavior and fraud activities.
- Work closely with global cross-functional teams including Data Science, Data Analysts, Product, R&D and others.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Analyst
- Excellent SQL skills with experience in analyzing and visualizing large data sets
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Bash)
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, information systems or related fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of experience in fraud detection
- 3+ years of experience in the telecom industry
- 2+ years of experience in matrix management of multidisciplinary teams
- M.Sc. in machine learning/computer science/math