Fraud Analyst Team Lead
Viber is a calling and messaging app that connects people–no matter who they are, or where they’re from.
With a free and secure connection, hundreds of millions of users worldwide communicate with their loved ones through high-quality audio and video calls, messaging, and much more.
Viber is looking for a hands-on senior technical payment fraud analyst to join our team to work with business, product, and technology leaders to identify fraudulent payments in products, develop detailed execution plans and work with teams across the company. We prevent fraud by using advanced detection tools that scan billions of data points to identify signs of activities that violate our policies. As a fraud analyst team lead, you must be a hands-on individual with both strong technical skills (SQL, Python / R, and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Excel, Looker, etc.), you’ll need ‘big picture’ thinking in order to lead a fraud prevention team, responsible for analyzing data to generate insights about fraud patterns and developing decision policies to prevent them.
We are now working on a hybrid work – model! 🙂
- Be the company’s focal point for all fraud prevention related issues in Viber Pay.
- Manage team members in a matrix environment.
- Understand and analyze top fraud concerns and drive making recommendations to eliminate fraud in Viber
- Coordinate tasks with global cross-functional teams including the Fintech business unit, Data Science, Data Analysts, Product, R&D and others
- Recommend & create reporting dashboards, data models, and real-time alerts
- Translate data into stories to drive change and inspire action
- Recommend enhancements and process improvements based on assessment of fraud systems.
- Develop comprehensive fraud detection strategies and business procedures that balance fraud loss and customer experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience as a Fraud Data Analyst in Fintech industry
- Profound understanding of online payments processing, technologies, tools and methodologies
- Strong technical skills in SQL, Python / R, and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Excel, Looker
- A Can-do approach
- Experience turning complex data analysis to a compelling story with clear actionable insights
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- BA/BSc degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or any other quantitative field
- 5+ years experience in online payment fraud detection
- 3+ years experience of managing a team of fraud analysts
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Experience with Big Data and Cloud systems and technologies
- M.A/M.Sc. in BA/BSc degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science