Data Scientist – Recommendation Systems
Viber is a calling and messaging app that connects people–no matter who they are, or where they’re from. With a free and secure connection, hundreds of millions of users worldwide communicate with their loved ones through high-quality audio and video calls, messaging, and much more.
As a Data Scientist, you will be part of the Data Science Team, handling mostly recommendation systems all across the Viber app and deal with software engineering challenges associated with data science and machine learning in production. Your primary focus will be in applying machine learning techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our products. You will be prototyping, coding, serving and deploying ML models and putting research into production. Also, designing a data pipeline or building a scalable platform might be part of the job. We expect you to bring industry standards for data science and software engineering practices both in terms of hands-on, design, code and process and improve the quality of our recommendation systems.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing Data Science team and work closely with Senior Data Scientists and Data Engineers. You will develop and deploy scalable, high throughput production services, machine learning models, tackle challenges in the worlds of large-scale recommendation systems involving also NLP, ads, social networks and more.
- Implement solutions for large scale recommendation systems in big data environments from top to bottom, by research, design, coding, POC, developing and deploying machine learning processes
- Design and apply cutting edge technology stacks in a high throughput environment
- Design and implement advanced algorithms in the machine and deep learning frameworks
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Scientist in recommendation systems – Must
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- Hands-on machine learning and data science experience
- Superb understanding and hands-on experience with recommendation systems techniques and algorithms
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with large scale recommendation systems
- Experience working in cloud environments, preferably AWS
- M.Sc. in computer science or equivalent
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills
- Can work independently and have great communication skills
- 2+ years of Software Development
- You can bring in some architecture skills
- You have a backend development background (any language welcome here!)
- M.Sc. in machine learning or recommendation system
- Ph.D. in computer science or equivalent e.g., EE, statistics, math or physics