Viber is one the most popular apps in the world and the most downloaded app to have come out of the start-up nation. Working at Viber provides a unique opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of people with our messaging app.
Viber is seeking an experienced VoIP engineer to join our off-net technical team, who can work on cutting-edge, large scale VoIP systems in a cloud environment. The team is responsible for controlling and managing the non-free network traffic and components of Viber. As a key part of the off-net team, this individual will be responsible for creating interconnections and maintaining existing ones, solving communication issues and fixing bugs with vendors/carriers and internal departments, and testing and monitoring the network and services, as well as other technical tasks.
• Strong technical expertise with hands-on experience in networking technologies with high availability network monitoring, VoIP and SMS (SMPP/HTTP)
• Ensure all elements of the network are functioning at an optimal performance level
• Identify customer technical problems and suitable solutions to resolve issues
• Support the team and make recommendations to improve our product, policies, and procedures to keep the platform running smoothly
• Provide level II and level III support and implement a critical network communication infrastructure with an emphasis on voice communications, involving support of network systems and recommending resources required to maintain or expand service levels
• Resolve complex system, security, local/wide area network and end-user (voice communications, networking equipment) problems and address related questions
• Monitor, support, test, and evaluate LAN/WAN/VPN data communication systems and other network system
• 3+ years of proven experience with class 4 or class 5 voice switches
• Knowledge in open source VoIP platforms like Open SIPs, Free Switch, etc.
• Knowledge in SIP protocol, transcoding and SMPP protocol
• Knowledge and understanding of debugging with packet sniffers such as: TCP dump and Wireshark
• Proven experience in networking (switches, firewalls, routers)
• Deep understanding of TCP/IP protocols
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Strong interpersonal and customer care skills
• Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, LUA, etc.)
• Experience in AWS or other cloud environments
• Experience in Linux OS
• Knowledge of Voice/SMS billing systems
• Knowledge of WebRTC