Viber is one of the most popular apps in the world, and the most downloaded app to have come out of the start-up nation. Working with Viber is a unique opportunity to influence the hundreds of millions of people using our messaging app.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Server Developer to join server Developer team! So, If you are curious to work with large scale of data in real time, committed to translating insights into action, want new challenges daily and impact the lives of millions of users globally, this role for you!
• Lead and deliver high scale projects
• Create new, awesome features for millions of users
• Design and write efficient, maintainable code supporting billions on operations per second
• 3 years of experience with server-side development
• Depth knowledge of at least one high level systems language (Java, Node.js, C++, etc) as backend developer
• Linux server-side experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent
• Background in asynchronous programming and functional programming (such as RxJava, Java 8)
• Background in developing with real-time NoSQL databases, like Couchbase, ElasticSearch, Redis, etc.
• Background in using asynchronous networking frameworks, e.g. Netty, Vertex
• Knowledge of AWS cloud and its services
• Good knowledge of additional languages (Scala, Python)