Viber is one of the most popular apps in the world, and the most downloaded app to come out of the start-up nation. Working with us is a unique opportunity to influence the hundreds of millions of people that use our messaging app.
We’re looking for a highly motivated senior solutions architect to join a small elite team of architects that provides solutions, design, POC’s & guidance for all of Viber’s R&D teams.
Viber services are all cloud-native and utilize the latest cutting-edge cloud services. As a Viber Solutions Architect, you have a huge influence (and responsibility) over a planetary scale service spread across thousands of servers around the globe, generating petabytes of data, utilizing NoSQL databases performing millions of operations per second.
• Coordinate, design, and document complex inter-team R&D projects
• Collaborate with dev teams, product, DevOps, IT & security specialists to ensure solutions provide optimal architecture, scale, high-availability, security, and cost optimization.
• Plan and build POCs and solutions to analyze complex technical and customer requirements, and determine appropriate solutions as necessary
• Research, design, and advocate new technologies, cloud services, and architectures that will support the continued requirements for the organization, business partners, and vendors
• Function as a technical expert, technical advisor, and technical influencer
• Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
• 3+ years as a solutions/system/cloud/enterprise architect
• 5+ years experience in software development
• Proven experience with cloud environments (AWS/GCP/Azure)
• Experience in complex large scale systems
• Experience with NoSQL databases
• An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability
• Self-starter, ability to work independently while being accountable
• Strong interpersonal and customer care skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field; or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of multiple programming languages (Java, C++, Node.js, Python, etc.)
• Experience with Couchbase NoSQL database
• Experience with serverless technologies
• Experience with Big Data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Storm, Kafka, Presto, etc.)
• Experience with VoIP/WebRTC technologies
• Deep understanding of Linux network & OS internals
• Understanding of Machine Learning and Deep Learning concepts and technology