Data Science Lead
Viber is one the most popular apps in the world and the most downloaded app tho have came out of the start-up nation. Working at Viber provides a unique opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of people with our messaging app.
Some of our current projects are Spam Detection, Computer Vision, Inference, Natural Language, and Online Learning. We tackle a wide range of interesting problems at a very high scale (Terabytes of data / hour), and work with the newest state-of-the-art technologies.
• Building and prototyping algorithms and applications, from research to production, helping millions connect daily through Viber.
• Develop algorithms to tackle important business problems that will make immediate business impact on Viber’s KPIs
• Utilize data mining and machine learning methods to extract insights and drive experience
• Own and oversee large scale technical implementation for the Data and Machine learning algorithms
• Grow the data science team in Viber
• MS/PhD in a relevant technology field (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Econometrics)
• 5+ years of experience with an emphasis on quantitative research methods (Optimization, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Natural Language, Data Mining)
• Experience in presenting data-focused research to upper management
• Strong mentorship and leadership skills with a proven industry track record collaborating with team members on delivering large scale software projects
• Demonstrated ability to write clean and performant code in Scala/Java/Python utilizing Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
• Highly self-motivated and able to operate with significant autonomy