Viber is one the most popular apps in the world and the most downloaded app that came out of the start-up nation. Working at Viber provides a unique opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of people with our messaging app.
This is a unique opportunity to join the data department and help shape billions of data events processed on Viber on a daily basis.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data events.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions
- Guide the technical, product and business teams on project limitations, capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Review modifications to existing software to improve efficiency and performance of data usage across the company.
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience
- Strong skills in SQL – Must
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A proactive problem-solving mentality that thrives in an agile work environment.Advantages:
- Experience working with public cloud solutions – especially AWS.
- Background of developing ETLs with the Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce, Hive/Pig, Spark)