Data Infrastructure Developer
Viber is one the most popular apps in the world and the most downloaded app that came out of the start-up nation. Working at Viber provides a unique opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of people with our messaging app.
We’re looking for a highly motivated developer to join the Data Engineering team! So, if you are curious about working with data on a massive scale and in real time, committed to translating insights into action, want new challenges daily and to impact the lives of millions of users globally, this role is for you!
• Development of cutting edge Big Data systems
• Working with massive datasets, both structured and unstructured, using a variety of databases
• Partner with product, business intelligence and engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
• Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches
• 4 years of experience with server-side and/or data development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent
• Background in asynchronous programming and functional programming (such as RxJava, async/await etc.)
• Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (HBase, MapReduce, Hive/Pig)
• Background in developing with realtime big data computation frameworks – Storm, Spark
• Knowledge of AWS cloud and its services
• Good knowledge of additional languages or data science tools (e.g. numpy, pandas, R)