Viber is a calling and messaging app that connects people – no matter who they are, or where they’re from. With a free and secure connection, over 1 billion users worldwide communicate with their loved ones through high-quality audio and video calls, messaging, and much more
Our infrastructure team is growing and looking for a skilled engineer to join the team! What you’ll do:
- Development of cross platform features (iOS/ Android/ macOS/ Win/ Linux) with emphasis on cross platform performance.
- Full range of tech stacks – starting from low level C++ code to high level Java / Swift/ Objc, from raw tcp/ udp to REST.
- Lead the entire development cycle – from requirement gathering to implementation and integration into the whole solution.
- Ability to integrate cross platform code into diverse platform clients: Android, iOS, Windows.
- Come up with new innovative solutions to improve the infrastructure in terms of performance, security and robustness.
- Evaluate new communication and secure technologies.
- Development of new features and maintenance of existing ones.
- Main technologies involved: C++ with all industry standard external libraries.
- Ability to understand and handle Java, Swift, Objective C code
- 3+ Years of experience as a Core Developer or as a similar position
- B.A/B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent military background
- Expertise in C, C++, OOP concepts and Design Patterns
- Experience in multithreading, design-patterns
- Familiar with Java, Swift, Objective C
- You strive to solve problems in innovative ways
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking and dynamic environment
- Rapid development capabilities
- Ability to work both on a team and independently