Viber is one the most popular apps in the world and the most downloaded app that came out of the start-up nation. Working at Viber provides a unique opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of people with our messaging app.
Viber is looking for a BI ETL developer that will design and implement complicated procedures and process billions of daily records, provide complicated business insights for the company, enhancing our ability to turn information into insights, using cutting-edge cloud technologies and visualization platforms.
• Implement BI products in a Big Data environment from top to bottom, by gathering requirements, specifying data schemes, developing ETL processes and reports.
• Design and apply procedures to process raw data using Big Data technologies.
• Design and develop Self-Service data-systems for other departments.
• Perform research and POC on new Big Data tools and technologies.
• 2+ years of ETL development experience with proven high-quality deliverables
• Master in SQL – MUST
• Experience working with large data-sets
• Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce, Hive/Pig)
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• A proactive problem-solving mentality that thrives in an agile work environment.
• Working with NoSQL DBs, e.g. CouchBase.
• Experience using Spark
• Experience working with public cloud solutions – especially AWS.
• Experience working with one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Scala.